Wednesday 27 January 2010

So I painted my car the other day...

So I painted my car the other day. There was paint left over from a bathroom project, and I'd been wanting to do this for ages. And I did.


First I drew the initial shape once on the side of the car in pencil. Then I cut out a stencil to match it, and pencilled the other 15 waves.


After that came the painting in two different colours. It was a baking hot day, but I got a bit of shade by parking it under the veranda.


The project took less time than I thought it would, but cost more energy: all the crouching left me with muscle cramps for the next three days!

I might drive an old rattletrap - 20 years and counting - but it may as well look good, eh?




3 comments:

cathikin said...

Very nice! I was thinking "uh-oh" when I read the first line about using paint from doing the bathroom to paint your car, but when I saw the picture, I was happily surprised. Nice job.

Unknown said...

That's the coolest looking station wagon I've ever seen!

Heather said...

Awesome! Trying to convince hubby that I could easily add a dragon to our minivan. Well, maybe not easily, but still it is tempting. :)