Wednesday 9 February 2011

Truth and Fiction

Recently Episode 10 of my serial story Comet Born went live at Digital Dragon Magazine. In it, an airliner gets into dire straits when its nose wheel fails to deploy. I wasn't sure if that particular mechanical error was likely to occur in real life, but the news got ahead of me when that very thing happened to an Air New Zealand plane. It subsequently landed in Blenheim with no injuries reported.

So I'm glad for that bit of realism that found its way into my episode. As for the superheroes who then rescue the aircraft, that's another story!

Read Comet Born Episode 10: Rough Landing

Read the New Zealand news story

Video of the landing (amazingly smooth!)

2 comments:

Pranavam Ravikumar said...

NIce!

Ginny Jaques said...

I love when that kind of thing happens. I remember when someone told me a Russian KGB assassin would never have qualms about killing a woman. Then a Russian guy who was accused of poisoning a political figure (can't remember which one), said he had never killed a woman.