There's this series of questions that's been going around lately; sooner or later it had to come to me, so here goes:
Not sure yet, in fact. No doubt something snappy and alliterated in the theme of its inspiration. One option is Arachnids and Aristocrats, except that suggests more spiders than I intended. Bugs and Bluebloods? Suggestions welcome.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book/work?
I always wanted to do one of those rewrites of a famous novel from the public domain, but transforming it into my genre. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do, but basically the best way to explain it is Pride and Prejudice in space.
3) What genre does your book/work fall under?
Science fiction, with maybe a touch of fantasy blended in.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Oh gosh. That's not something I ever think about, really. Off the top of my head: Keira Knightley as (wait for it) Darcy Mac; Liv Tyler as her trusty sidekick Carla Bingley; and a selection of stubbly dark-haired action heroes as the Bennet brothers, diamond miners all: let's say David Tennant, Robert Downey Jr., and more of that general type.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A pair of rich kids from Avenir station go down to the planet Eclectia to seek adventure hunting its giant beetles, but they don't expect to get involved with an array of suitors...
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither, my dears. We are the independent press and we do not approve of the wording of this question. :P
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Haven't started. Hope to get through it within the next year, alongside other projects.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Don't have a clue, sadly. Anyone got a good idea? There's space chases, romance, a whole lot of dust, narrow escapes from volcanoes, fights with huge bugs, and intercolonial politics. What do you call that?
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See number 2, thanks.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It takes place in the already existing world of Avenir Eclectia, a multi-author project with room for microfiction and full-length novels and everything in between. The first "novel" is out now for the amazing price of $5.98.
Now I'm supposed to tag people to carry this on, but I hate doing that, and besides I know a ton of people have already done this. So if you would like, feel free to steal the questions and go for it!