Friday 27 May 2011

On bad typing and how not to work

I can't type very well today. I keep on making silly mistakes and having to fix them. This is a problem when my work efficiency depends on fast and accurate typing as the meaning flows into my eyes, through the translation matrix and out my fingers. I spend enough thought on the translating as it is, without the typing being messed up. And no, you do not want to know how many times I hit backspace in this paragraph.

It's 8.30 PM and I've had all three meals of the day, been to the beach and shopping, made ebooks, chatted a little online, worked on a story that's due this weekend, and generally enjoyed myself. Now we get down to the real work. I'd like to polish off a couple of thousand words of translation tonight if I can, knock the remaining total down to 11500 or so. Yes, tonight.

1 comment:

Roger said...

How'd it go? :)