Wednesday 24 December 2008

My Favourite Thing About Christmas...

It's not the gifts. Forget gifts. Not the food either, though that's pretty good at times. The days off? Nope. I don't work much these days you see. Fact is, I don't like the silly season much at all...except for its stamps.

Don't laugh. I used to collect these professionally...arranged according to theme rather than country of origin. So you'll see all the stars together, the angels, the wise men. And from so many different countries many of us have never heard of.

Be warned - there's nearly 100 of them on here...but each one is a work of art to be enjoyed.

2 comments:

Caprice Hokstad said...

These are gorgeous, Grace. Thanks for sharing.

SherryT said...

Oh, they're beautiful! I love little bits of artwork like these. Thank you!

How do you go about collecting the ones from outside of New Zealand? I'm sure you picked up a few in the U.S. while you were here. Do you travel regularly to other countries? Do you write to other post offices around the world? Trade?