Wednesday 4 February 2009

Making a Splash or Making you Think

Hi guys,
As many of you know I plan on setting up a small publishing house this year, initially for my own work, but spreading to include more sci-fi by other authors, and maybe some fantasy.

I've been thinking about what to call it and I've come up with two options. Would you give me your opinions?

Splashdown - Suits a space travel/sci-fi theme, plus I want to recall that wonderful sensation you get when diving into water. That's the kind of pleasurable shock and freshness I want to give my readers!

Thinkgrace - Attached to the tagline "Need something? Thinkgrace." Particularly suited to a hoped-for expansion of my business to include web design, computer tuition, possibly a bookstore, and various technical improvisations. If it ever happens, lol!

There are dotcoms available on both names, but only if
they're hyphenated: splash-down, think-grace. thinkgrace.net is also
available as are splashdown.net.nz and splashdownbooks.com.

Comments? Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Amy Deardon said...

Hi Grace, I think you've already named this, but I LOVE Splashdown! What a fabulous logo you can make out of this also.

Congratulations and best wishes for your new business venture :-)

Anonymous said...

I realise I'm a bit late here, but I also love Splashdown (splashdownbooks.com gets my vote.) I think 'thinkgrace' is a bit clumsy to pronounce, with the k and g together. It might end up being pronounced more like 'Thing race'.

Austin said...

Grace, I cannot find your email info in my gmail account. I have thinkgrace.com for you if you want it still. (Just cover any registration costs, but that can be handled after the transfer)

Let me know.

-Austin