Friday 6 November 2009

Books, Planes, and Airports

So. Here I am, globetrotting almost done with, sitting in an airport with a couple of hours to spare. What am I going to do? Blog, of course!

Things have been exciting lately, as well as incredibly busy, culminating in the upcoming launch of the first new book from my publishing house, Splashdown Books. This new release is The Muse by Fred Warren, a story I loved from the first time I encountered it. In it you'll meet Stan and his friends, wannabe writers who suddenly find themselves facing a source of inspiration like they never imagined - but more dangerous than they can believe. You can check out the trailers, blurbs and reviews at http://www.splashdownbooks.com/themuse and the Amazon page at http://www.amazon.com/Muse-Fred-Warren/dp/0986451711

If you're able, I would love for you to take part in the online launch party for The Muse by spreading the word on your social networks and blogs. I'm going to see if we can get a chat room on November 15 to celebrate the occasion. I'll keep you posted. As to what you can do, watch this space. I'll make a standard blurb-type post that will include a brief summary and the video trailer. Even if you haven't read the book, posting general information about it would be very helpful indeed!

Let me know if you'd like an electronic review copy, too. Everyone who posts a review will get a free print copy. By the way, I have re-released my first novel Faith Awakened under Splashdown Books and removed the old version from sales. There's a new ISBN too. And I'm well into writing the sequel - Godspeed, the journeys of Naomi Wallace.

Publishing plans for the new year include Legendary Space Pilgrims - though out of the blue, this manuscript has been invited to take part in the Marcher Lord Select program, which is something like American Idol for novels. My book is pitted against 35 other stories, and if you sign up to the Anomaly forum, you can cast your votes for as many of the entrants as you like (minimum 3). The winning manuscript will be published by Marcher Lord Press in April. Now it's not like I need that, because I have Splashdown Books ready and waiting (and the cover already designed!) to publish it about the same time. So feel free to vote for the others. Really. Go over and support the awesome idea of letting readers pick what they want.

I get home on Saturday - and boy, it's about time! You can see some of my travels on my blog and youtube, and I'll try to get some more stuff up after I get home. Thanks everyone for your support when my dad died. I miss him a lot; in some ways it's a hole in my life that will never go away. But if ever there was a true believer, it was him, and there is hope beyond this life. He was my first fan; he wrote my first review on Amazon; and even at his graduation from Bible college he was giving away copies of my book.

That's it for today - a lot of things to cover, but it's been a long time since I blogged! My heart remains partly in County Dublin, and in the south of France, and in a small town in Bavaria; but I'm a Kiwi through and through, and these many weeks now I've longed to hear the wind in the manuka trees and the call of the tui bird, and to see the sun sparkling on the water, and to smell the rain on the earth. So be it. Not far to go now.

2 comments:

Phil Flynt said...

Thanks for the update, Grace. I am having my family read manuscripts of my collected Whistlinohil and daddyhood Rambles. I've decided to self-publish in 2010; my realease date is already set (setting a goal in my head and actually commiting to it seems like a huge step). I have a timetable and cover sketch. I have asked my mom to do illustrations because she is an accomplished artist these days (won 2nd place at the state fair). So, I'll share profits with her as collaborator because I want twenty or thirty b&w cartoons in the book inspired by my Rambles. It is exciting!!

Myra Francis said...

Yes, grace, I agree with you. Your Dad was special and very supportive in all our activities. He was indeed our inspiration to keep going and trust that God knew what He was doing, even if it is hard for us to accept. We will always miss him. Your Irish grandfather, my Dad, died when I was 16. I still miss him and wonder, "What if...."
Thanks for keeping a blog and keeping memories alive. All my love to you, my wonderful daughter.