Sunday 13 June 2010

On Blogging

Join me for a coffee? Or in this case, a hot chocolate that is truly a work of art, courtesy of the Tui Coffee Lounge in Paeroa, the generally accepted halfway point on a journey from Auckland to Tauranga...

New house. Been here a couple months now.

New week. Yup, that's what they call Monday.

New approach. Time for one of those on this blog. It's been neglected far too much, considering all the people that want to read it - so my stats say - and so I'm trying for a new beginning.

Once a week the post will likely be my travel article which also appears in the Colorado City News. This could be on pretty much any place I've been to and have a notion to write about, accompanied by hack photography and sometimes a video.

Other than that, there are a bunch of great ideas I've seen other bloggers (and authors) put to good use - such as the Reading List and Scribbler's Scoreboard (thanks Fred for those) in which I shall summarise writing activity, submissions of short stories, progress on my novels, etc. I guess I will do something similar for the publishing side of what I do, which will be a cross-post at the Splashdown Books blog.

And then there's that other stuff, the stuff to write "just because", the random poems (with many thanks to Chila for the prodding!), the "thinky things" (here's looking at you, Cat), and whatever else may occur to me.

Anyway, thanks for being here and coming along for the ride. I wonder where it'll take us?

3 comments:

C.L. Dyck said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :~) Thinky things are most important, but so is the international derring-do...looking forward to further videos and travel accounts. Love those.

Fred Warren said...

Happy Monday, Grace, though I think your coffee looks a lot more fun than mine (black, with a little Splenda).

I find the Scoreboard is simultaneously a morale-builder and humility-enforcer. I can usually find something positive to hang onto, even in a bad month, and I'm reminded that there are usually a lot of rejections before a sale.

I'm with Cat on the travelogues. They carry a real sense of poetry and emotional warmth (which also shines out in your descriptions of the locales in Faith Awakened and CyberDublin). Have you tried submitting any of your articles to travel magazines?

M Pax said...

What a beautiful cup. It is a work of art.

Write about what makes you happy. It can take awhile to find your feet with these things. I'm still experimenting.