Tuesday 8 October 2013

Photo Story: San Francisco Boats


It was December of 2008 and I was near the end of a trek that had seen me on the road for about 8 months through Germany, Ireland and the USA. Unlike all my other stops, I had no one to visit in San Francisco, but wanted to see it anyway; so I booked a bed in the Fort Mason hostel overlooking the Bay and Fisherman's Wharf. I snapped this shot nearby in the sharp, golden evening light. Just near here was the stomping ground of the street entertainer who hid behind some branches he held, and jumped out at passers-by. After being frightened themselves, most would join the crowd to observe the next poor soul coming past. In this way I suppose he earns his pocket money. He did jump out at me, but I have to admit, I was so oblivious and intent on my purpose that I didn't even realise until I was well past and the crowd had started to laugh. Just call me unflappable, I suppose...

No comments: