Monday 7 October 2013

What the World Eats


This photo series has been around for a little while now, but I just came across it again and was newly fascinated. Each image shows a family and their food for a week. Spot the differences between America, Britain and Germany, then look at those who have far less. The pictures give glimpses of their homes as well. Some surprises, such as a huge amount of Coke in Mexico. Also, in Ecuador (above) they like black hats.

This gets me thinking about what my personal food for a week would look like, since I'm only feeding me. Well, and the cat. Maybe I'll have to put together a picture someday. But in the meantime, a list will have to do - as it currently stands:

- Seven black teabags
- 500g honey
- 2 litres milk
- 2 heads broccoli
- 600ml yoghurt
- 500g mixed nuts
- 1 doz eggs
- 4 oranges
- 1kg fresh meat
- 1 leek or 2 onions
- 1 aubergine or equivalent volume in mushrooms
- 125g butter
- Bunch of silverbeet or spinach or lettuce
- 2 slices grain toast
- 1 can soup
- Various spices and sauces
- Chocolate, variously...

No comments: