Saturday 24 August 2013

Movie: The Intouchables


I recently had the chance to watch The Intouchables on a long flight. It's a French movie about two impossibly different people and the unlikely friendship they discover.

I LOVED IT. I don't say that about very many movies. It has everything I like. It's not action-thrillery at all, so I appreciate that it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Plus, I speak French, so it may be less tedious for me to follow along than if I could *only* read the subtitles. I don't know. But I think it's worth the effort.

If there were such a thing as a literary movie, this would be it. It focuses on poignant, hard-hitting scenes, gently twisted humour, the real grit of life, and lovely glimpses of Paris. There is a certain amount of swearing in it, however, I have to say that I'm not convinced the translation does it justice :P

There are many beautiful surprises best left for your own discovery. Anyway, it very nearly made me cry, there high above the Pacific. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Myra Francis said...

I enjoyed this movie too.
Mum