Friday 24 April 2009

  • 11:12 I don't care about renaming the islands, but I DO reckon Auckland needs a different name, even if unofficially. Rivendell seems appropriate. #
  • 12:07 Just joined a twibe. Visit twibes.com/NewZealand to join #
  • 12:17 Who was this fellow anyway? He's got the Auckland Islands named for him, he can keep those, but the City of Sails deserves a prettiertitle. #
  • 12:22 @audaciousgloop I'm glad you agree! Shall we start a movement? #
  • 12:23 @eric55explorer There is no movement yet, but perhaps there will be! I know I hate the name myself even though I love the city. #
  • 12:23 @sonarkaren I dunno about Bucklbod - it's just as ugly as Auckland in its own way... #
  • 12:24 @campmotha I suspect the reason they don't know us is at least partly because our city has such an unmemorable name! #
  • 12:26 There's always the Maori names. But Tamaki Makaurau is more connected to the south of the isthmus while Waitemata would appeal to the north. #
  • 12:29 Psyching myself up to wrestle the Gimp and get the book cover for Legendary Space Pilgrims finished at last. Today's the day! #
  • 12:34 @elpie Yes I always have trouble with the Auckland/Oakland thing when talking to Americans. We badly need a change! #
  • 12:36 Almost drowned a 3-inch spider who'd been snoozing in the toilet brush bristles. Fished him out again though. I guess he's waterproof. #
  • 13:05 @oharris69 don't tell me Georgie Pie is still running out there somewhere? www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2579657422&ref=ts #
  • 13:26 @oharris69 oh wow! the westies are lucky! I hardly ever get out that way but this is definitely worth a look! #
  • 13:45 RT: @jeremydickson: RT squared- Comic Sans walks into a bar, bartender says, 'We don't serve your type' (via @sponno) #
  • 14:45 Awesome...I have two published author reviews of Legendary Space Pilgrims already, five more promised. That ought to be enough. #
  • 16:23 Have you read my review yet? League of Superheroes by Stephen L. Rice tinyurl.com/cvtzm3 #
  • 16:37 Will not blog until I finish this book cover. Will not blog until I finish this book cover. Will NOT... yes I feel like blogging. WILL NOT. #
  • 16:38 @damnfinebooks Legendary Space Pilgrims is my next release. Working on the cover now. The title kinda says it all :) #
  • 21:03 I've finished the book cover - but too tired to blog now. Can't imagine why I was so keen on it before. Probably just procrastination. #
  • 21:18 @missmcj I'm only an amateur geek - yeah, one of those hacks. Do I still count? #
  • 22:07 All right, you convinced me - New blog post! It Never Rains, incl graphic design and other wild things. tinyurl.com/c54tzf #
  • 22:54 just realised I spent all day in my pyjamas. even if my PJs are a tracksuit, they say it's bad work ethic. But it was a very productive day! #
Posted by LoudTwitter

No comments: