Monday 11 May 2009

  • 09:17 Morning, all. After my abysmal weekend record, today I intend to ignore my Star Trek distraction and actually get my words written. Woohoo! #
  • 09:39 There must be someone out there who's writing right now like I'm trying to - can we egg each other on? I know it would help! #
  • 09:43 @kenarmstrong1 does that mean you're writing? #
  • 10:14 @kenarmstrong1 @lindsa @yomcat want to share today's goals? so we have something to aim at? I just want to get further along in my novel. #
  • 10:29 @lindsa 200 words? You're kidding me! I want 3000 or 5000...but then I always do, and get it occasionally #
  • 10:54 @kenarmstrong1 Fascinating. Good onya if it floats your boat. Don't think I could do it! #
  • 11:12 @kenarmstrong1 What do you mean, a couple hundred more? I ain't even got started... still trying to plot the scene #
  • 11:40 @JanetUrsel Oh, goody, my best hassler is online to watch me write! #
  • 11:44 @JanetUrsel None yet! But I'm sure we can do something about that. My stories always get stuck at the 20k mark it seems. Just gotta force it #
  • 11:55 @JanetUrsel Yup, as ready as I'll ever be. I've been trying to brainstorm the scene but it's just not happening. I'll have to dive right in. #
  • 12:55 Amazon is a nightmare for us downunder. 4 used books = $12.98. Shipping = $49.90. Do you know that's over a hundred bucks in our currency!! #
  • 12:59 @lifeledlearning total is at 18700. I always get stuck around there. Still fighting it. This is the part I don't like about writing! #
  • 13:01 @NZRob yeah that would rock. What we need is someone in the USA to send bulk shipments to a NZ admin to distribute. Gotta be doable. #
  • 13:06 @NZRob Of course. But how hard can that be? If the US rep buys in batches there should be no freight charge except sending it here. #
  • 13:07 I could always skip writing this scene and come back to it later. Don't feel good about that though. Each scene sets tone for what follows. #
  • 13:11 @dragonsinger57 Call me old-fashioned but I really like to collect actual paper books! #
  • 13:12 @NadVega that's a great point! I wil try that. #
  • 13:20 @dragonsinger57 yeah I am hoping to fins a US friend willing to trade favours. I'd build their websites or something. #
  • 13:21 @JanetUrsel They accepted me, lol. I reckon they should change the A to Association. It's much more inclusive. #
  • 13:37 RT: @jusfox: SNL: STAR TREK Stars Plead With Hardcore Trekkies (vid) bit.ly/UjPS6 #
  • 13:42 @vavroom I know, I know! I am in the most horrible phase of book writing. Trek is a welcome distraction! #
  • 13:43 @lifeledlearning That's a problem when I don't know where the right place is. I do plot, but not in depth, so this scene prepares the next. #
  • 13:44 Maybe I'm just stuck on the fact that I hate the dress she's wearing. If I change that, can I move on? #
  • 13:48 I'm very annoyed that none of the Trek reviewers can spell Khan properly. Fakes, obviously, one and all. No fan would get that wrong. #
  • 13:56 @vavroom no. #
  • 14:07 @ChristinieD you mean you've been missing out all these years? #
  • 14:07 @JanetUrsel Glad you agree. Wordcount? Depends when you're going to sleep. #
  • 14:11 @Frederation A symptom of our times I suppose. They could at least try to get their research right. #
  • 14:14 Enough stuffing around. Setting Write or Die for 200 words in 10 minutes. Place your bets! Back in 10. #
  • 14:24 223 words in 10 minutes. But that's just the start. Let's do it again! #
  • 14:31 @lifeledlearning I skipped about five minutes of timeline and find it's running quite well for now. Just have to fill that gap sometime. Ta! #
  • 14:44 RT: @TeeMonster: Please retweet - and vote for your favs! www.parsecawards.com/ Speculative Fiction Podcasting Award! #
  • 14:46 What's with all the FollowFridays going around? Hello! It's Monday! Sure I know the US is behind us but that's just too much. #
  • 14:58 202 words in 7 minutes! Pressing on.. #
  • 16:19 I didn't imagine my jailbreak scene being quite so comedic. This is a serious novel after all! I guess it does no harm and is easy to write. #
  • 16:44 RT: @rlcopple: Saw Star Trek tonight, and decided to post my initial thoughts on it. blog.rlcopple.com/?p=85 #
  • 16:57 @idahoguy Possibly. I noticed that over the weekend Star Trek was trending much higher than #startrek. #
  • 16:59 Every time it rains like this I get my very own thunderstorm when the roof spouting spills onto the corrugated plastic sheltering my window. #
  • 17:06 Writing by candlelight, my favourite! Going to crack today's first 1000 words in the next 10 minutes. #
  • 22:33 Okay so I got to 1000 words today, only just, and they are awful every last one of them. But they exist and can maybe be fixed! #
Posted by LoudTwitter

No comments: