Saturday 2 May 2009

  • 09:47 Yesterday was an abjecct failure where writing is concerned, but I did get that long walk. Today...hmm, let's hope things really happen! #
  • 10:14 @macaronique try switching to goats and see what happens! #
  • 10:28 Anyone out there want to hold me to my writing goal today? It'll work better if I know you'll be asking how it goes... #
  • 10:32 Write or Die is certainly brilliant, but I find it increasingly difficult to press start and just do it. Guess I know about the hard work! #
  • 10:38 @NadVega Cool! It's a novel, GODSPEED, sequel to Faith Awakened (2007), sci-fi dystopia. Total length 60k; at 15k now; goal today: 3-5k. #
  • 10:38 Something is wrong when I'd rather blog about writing a novel than actually write the novel. #
  • 10:40 RT: @envirotainment: a doco on New Zild Englush tr.im/kfvt I ♥ NZ (via @gnat) #
  • 10:57 @BelieversPress Yes I am using Write or Die lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html but it's quite terrifying! lol #
  • 10:58 @macaronique much appreciated! I look forward to your bleats! #
  • 10:59 RT: @wendywings: People new to twitter PLEASE put up an avatar and some sort of bio if you expect people to follow you. It WILL help. #
  • 11:14 @lifeledlearning Yes, but I already spend way too much time on marketing. Don't give me any excuses! #
  • 11:15 Okay, @NadVega has promised to tell the whole world if I don't write a decent amount of my novel today. There is hope! #
  • 11:20 Maybe I could try writing a novel scene IN the blog? Naah...not realistic, I know. Better get to work. 3...2...1... #
  • 11:26 @onejan84 thanks for the RT. You have a WIP on the go just now? #
  • 11:27 @PixieVonDust Godspeed is actually my 4th novel. You'd think I knew how to do it by now... #
  • 11:28 @macaronique I never thought about the schwa thing, but yes, you're right. One of those arbitrary spelling situations we must live with. #
  • 11:28 The person on Twitter that I've known the longest is @macaronique - 15 years or so! Just thought you might like to know that. #
  • 11:29 Yes I am still procrastinating. God help me! #
  • 11:34 Did you know that in my whole valley only five trees are going red. The rest are evergreens. Yes yes I know...writing now. #
  • 11:36 Okay so my first task is to get my novel's heroine thrown in jail. I'm on it. #
  • 11:37 @vavroom no no, this is helping, I now have five tweeps hassling me to get it done...this is good! whatever you do don't tell me to give up! #
  • 12:09 Thanks guys - just wrote 515 words in 26 minutes. Pressing on. #
  • 12:14 @vavroom lol no use taking a break before getting started. But I'm started now, thank goodness. #
  • 12:15 @astonwest Well I do know how it happens...it's just churning out words that is so irritating, yet tantalising at the same time! #
  • 12:15 @tjmlvs_christ thanks for your support! #
  • 12:16 @NadVega Not quite but she IS in handcuffs and the inciting incident has occurred. Keeping going. #
  • 12:23 @samnzed Let me know when your pic upload works? I want to replace mine but under the circumstances waiting might be a good idea, lol #
  • 12:59 Another 660 words in the last 30 minutes. Total so far: 1175. Not a bad start. #
  • 13:00 @samnzed hmm mine is an animation and over 400kb. Still well under the limit of 700. Should I try? #
  • 13:05 @samnzed well now they are telling me animations aren't supported. Yeah right. I'm jealous of @justinflitter !! #
  • 13:10 I am going to a Ceilidh this evening in Devonport! devonportdirectory.co.nz/ www.flickr.com/photos/devonportseasonalceilidh/ #
  • 13:16 @NadVega yay! thank you so much, this is really helping! #
  • 13:45 Lunch: my homemade grain bread with spring onion cream cheese, lettuce & mayo; followed by some feijoas and fabulous golden kiwifruit! Yum! #
  • 13:47 People are lighting their fires for the first time; I can smell the woodsmoke wafting through the cracks. Birdnest in our chimney, so no go! #
  • 13:50 @vavroom Eww! Not when their tweets echo down through the hearth... I'll have to make em move out eventually. #
  • 14:19 @LewisBostock Irish tweetup? Pick me! Where & when are you thinking? #
  • 14:20 525 words in 25 minutes. Total for today now 1700. #
  • 14:32 @ProudKiwi @LewisBostock Sounds good! Lewis will you pick me up again? That would rock. @wendywings Thank you! I'd forgotten about that. #
  • 14:44 @LewisBostock Ah, sure. We can take the bus if we have to! After all it is in town this time. #
  • 14:44 RT: @ProudKiwi: Irish-themed tweet-up Wed 10 June, 7pm at Forde's Bar, Anzac Ave, CBD, Auckland, NZ. #
  • 14:46 @NadVega Translating is slower, 300 to 500 words per hour. Stories happen fast when it's straight out of my head! Not unhappy but need more! #
  • 14:47 @onejan84 Yes I understand. Well I hope you can move your novels along again soon! What are they about? #
  • 14:53 Here we go again. Maybe rainy days are good for writing, no wonder I got so much done in Ireland! I'm past halfway to my goal for today :) #
  • 15:28 680 words in the last 30 minutes. Total today: 2380. WIP total: 17500 or so. Let's "go round again!" #
  • 15:51 @NadVega oh wow yeah well you have a good sleep, it's not yet 4pm here, will catch up with you later on! Thanks muchly for your help!! #
  • 15:58 @vavroom well you wouldn't want to drop a regular book in the water either, now would you? Oh I can't wait till we get our spa up & running. #
  • 16:00 Flattie went out & left spooky music running in office. Sounds like DVD menu from the way it repeats. Not bad for writing ambience actually. #
  • 16:37 541 words in the last 30 minutes. Total today: 2921. WIP at 18100. Can I crack 20,000 today I wonder? #
  • 16:47 Well I have 2 hours till I get picked up for the ceilidh. 2000 words in 2 hours is very doable, but can I do it? haha. Worth a try. #
  • 16:58 So the good guys have to break the heroine out of jail now. Wondering how to write that without it seeming too easy. Any tips? #
  • 17:27 @yomcat hmm maybe dynamite...it's a near future hard SF so not really mind control or zombies. Um. #
  • 17:52 This scene might vaguely resemble one in Star Trek V where Scotty busts into the brig to get Kirk, Spock and Bones out. I loved that scene! #
  • 18:32 3508 words today! WIP is 18650. Thx to my tweeps for support: @NadVega @janetursel @onejan84 @yomcat @vavroom @wendywings @ProudKiwi #
  • 18:34 Thanks also to @tjmlvs_christ @astonwest @lifeledlearning @BelieversPress @PixieVonDust ! Off to the Devonport Ceilidh now. Dancing time! #
Posted by LoudTwitter

No comments: