Wednesday 11 September 2013

I hate stickers


Stickers are one of the most disgusting things invented by man. I liked them well enough when I was young, what kid doesn't? They decorated the nicely-painted surface of my dolls' house roof. Years later, I lamented the mess and tried to get them off, but that only made things worse. Now I've learned that baby oil is the trick - soak it once or twice and it comes off cleanly - but I didn't know that then.

I suppose then that it is the removal of stickers that causes the most grossness. As long as you never try to peel that bugger off (and if it doesn't start coming off by itself), it'll probably be okay. But with the pricetags adorning so much of what we buy, a bit of peeling is inevitable. Some come off without too much trouble, although the detritus is still yucky. Some leave a horrible sticky residue that attracts dust until the glue is covered in gunk. I bought a pen recently that had one like that. Since I was travelling at the time, the lack of baby oil meant I actually would have had to grip that gunk to write. So I was glad that the previous pen didn't cark it just yet - if it had, I would have done my darndest to swap the cartridge.

I freely admit that this is a first-world problem!

1 comment:

Mary Ruth Pursselley said...

Really? Sweet! I'm totally putting baby oil on my shopping list now! You may have just unknowingly saved the future of my sanity!!!