Saturday 7 September 2013

Real Dreams

These are the things that I want to do.

Write well, and love it every day.
Go on a few more cruises. Tahiti, Alaska...Antarctica?
Other travel. That's a given.
Publish what I write.
Have 10,000 readers. Then 100,000.
Read at least one book every week.
Fix my car and go down to the beach most days.
Get caught up on publishing, so that I can finally dump this guilt over slowness...
Read my slush pile and send out rejections and requests.
Start a new business angle just for the heck of it.
Improve my Maori. Ko Rangitoto toku maunga, ko Pupuke toku roto, ko Kaipatiki toku awa...
Pursue art: photography, drawing and painting.
Keep my promises: there are obligations I have made, and these I will fulfill.

Not so many words today, but important ones, perhaps.

Yeah, it's winter.

2 comments:

Chila said...

Excellent. Love these kind of blog posts.

Myra Francis said...

What Chila said